My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Trainees Vist




This weekend I had three new trainees visit me. They came to see me as part of a program where they can ask questions to volunteers and see them in their communities. It gives them a little bit of an idea of what their life might be like in a couple of months. The three volunteers were named Jamie, Jim and Natalie. They were really cool and it was great to have them visit.
One thing that was a bit weird was seeing them and seeing myself in their shoes one year ago. The way they talked about their training groups, HUBs, PC staff, host families. It was kinda strange and made me realise what I, and the other volunteers, in my group must have sounded like to the more experienced volunteers. It's comforting to know that what we go through as volunteers here has already been experienced by other people, and that we are all part of something greater then ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home