My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Born in a barn






















Well I don't really have much to write about right now. This is the last week of school before our Christmas break and I can't wait for the time off. Everyone is really tired and needs a break. But one thing I think that is interesting about Bulgarians is how they absolutely hate drafts. Any type of air circulation actually. They believe that drafts cause you to become sick and that baba Marta will come and burn you (at least I think that's it, I have a hard time paying attention to stuff like that, no matter what the reason is Bulgarians hate fresh air, hence all of the smoking, pollution, etc.). The interesting think though is that many people leave doors open all the time when they come into and out of a building. It does not matter what temperature the weather is outside, they leave the door open. One thing I do when I am at a cafe or restaurant is try to get a seat facing the door. I do this for several reasons: 1) In case any assassins enter who want to kill me they won't have the element of surprise (laugh if you want but Wild Bill didn't do that once and look what happened to him), 2) I watch people come into and leave the place and leave the door open. Followed by someone getting up and closing the door. I know what you are thinking: wow your life is insanely boring. Well I'd love to argue with you but you are right and someone with shifty eyes just came into this cafe and I have to keep my eyes on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home