My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gluttony


Very often I am asked what I miss most about America. The obvious, and true, answer is my friends and family. But this is a somewhat deceptive response. While I do miss my friends and family they are not what I miss most often about America. For that the answer is food. This may sound like a horrible answer but that is not the case. When I lived in America I did not see my friends and family everyday. I could always call or email them whenever I wanted. Now it is more difficult to call and write my friends and family but it can still be done. Getting a proper burrito in Bulgaria however, is a physical impossibility. They simply do not exist in any way shape or form. Furthermore the components of a burrito do not exist, so if I wished to make one I cannot. I suppose that I could make everything from scratch but I am not a good enough cook to do that, I am also far too lazy. Plus I am a firm believer that food tastes better when someone else makes it.
It was with great joy then that me and my friend Brian went to a pub in the nearby town of Bansko this past Sunday. The pub is called the Lion's Pub and it is a British style pub. The pub has real American style cheeseburgers, spare ribs, bangers and mash, Guiness, and Strongbow beer. When Brian and I went there we ordered nachos and onion rings for an appetizer. The onion rings came with an onion sour cream dip and the nachos with guacamole. I do not posses the vocabulary to describe how good the food was so I shall make up a word: Superfantasmicfull. It was all that and infinitely more. Needless to say we will be going back again, and again, and again....

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

STRONGBOW?! Stiga de! I don't believe you.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Arin_C said...

I didn't believe it either when I saw it. Thankfully "belief" has nothing to do with fact.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Maegen said...

lucia and i went there saturday, later joined by joe and chrissy. the cheeseburger and the chicken melt are everything you could ever want in this country. lemme know next time you go!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home