My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Once more into...




The most two famous land marks in Prague are the Celestial clock and the St. Charles Bridge, my pictures of both have been previously posted. The St. Charles bridge was built in 1342 across the Vltava river. Later about 30 statues were added to the bridge, which you can see in some of my pictures. Most of the statues portray scenes from the bible. One of the statues however has a tradition of granting wishes to those who wish on it. I of course am always on the look out for easy wish fulfillment and got in line with the rest of the tourists. The way the statue works is you touch one part of the metal statue with your right hand and put your thumb on a small post at the base of the statue. You then make your wish. After that you put your left hand on another part of the statue and your right thumb on the small post, wish again for the same thing. The metal glimmered and shown from the many people placing their hands on it. It was very interesting and fun to do something that thousands, if not millions, of people have done before. Finally don't bother asking me what I wished for, it hasn't come true yet so I can't tell anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home