My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Prague Castle






In several of the pictures that I have posted so far you can see a rather large cathedral in the background. That cathedral is part of Prague Castle. The castle is one of the most singularly beautiful buildings I have ever seen in my life. It is huge and very old. I went there twice, once during the night and again during the day. At night the castle is light up with many lights that make it look both spooky and elegant. When I returned to the castle is was on a Sunday and there was a mass in service. As I walked around the Cathedral I could here the organ playing music and people singing hymns. The scene was very moving. I can only imagine how a larger cathedral like Notre Dame in Paris must be like... until I go there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home