My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Beer Hall?







When I think of Germany the first thing I think of is... invading Poland. The second is beer halls. When I first found out that I would be going to Dresden Germany I immediately though that I would have a pint of lager in a century old smoky wooden beer hall. There would be a group of German's arguing over football or politics in the corner becoming ever more inebriated. I would be sitting at a table with a huge stein of beer eating authentic German sausage. Well the reality was a bit different.
Apparently Dresden doesn't have any beer halls, or at least doesn't have any near the train station and downtown area that we visited. As we walked around seeing the sites we couldn't find any beer halls whatsoever. The only thing we found was an Irish pub. After a day of site seeing we abandoned our search for a beer hall and went reluctantly to the Irish pub. I don't remember the pub's name but it wasn't anything special to tell you the truth, and not nearly as nice as Rocky O'Reilly's in Prague. I had a beer at this pub and fish and chips, the pub didn't have German food.
So I can now say that I have been to an Irish pub in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, and Germany. I am hoping to go to Ireland this summer, I wonder if I will be able to find an Irish pub there? Although I imagine it would just be called a pub. One final note I did manage to have a German sausage at the train station in Dresden. It was ok but not nearly as good as the ones I have had at home in Milwaukee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maegen said...

Arin. While I do enjoy reading about your misadventures from the break, I must ask: are you going to post the pics from Bansko? I know that I've posted the ones of me on my blog, but I don't know if you have others. And it's not the same with out your witty commentary. aidee be!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Arin_C said...

Spoko... Yes I am goig to post them. I just prefer to finish what I started.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home