My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Irish football





One of the most interesting things I saw in Ireland was a sport called Irish football. Irish football is a combination of rugby and soccer. Two teams try to get a football like rugby. They then have to run, pass or kick the ball towards a goal on the end of the field. The player can then shoot the ball through the goal, for three points, or kick it through the goal posts for one point. It is a very rough sport where hard tackling is allowed as long as it is not malicious. My favorite part was when a player got leveled by another player. The re was no penalty however because the referee thought is was a good rough shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home