My Boring Blog

Hello all. This is my blog which I will be using primarily to show pictures that I have taken while I am in Bulgaria. Any thoughts or opinions are strictly my own and no one elses.

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

Pollution



You might not have noticed it but many of my pictures have a very hazy quality to them, especially far off in the distance and in the sky. This is because of the large amount of air pollution in Bulgaria. With the weather getting colder more families have started their heaters to keep warm. The fuel that most of the heaters run on is either coal or wood. This is primarily because both coal and wood are cheap here. Unfortunately they also create a large amount of air pollution resulting in a permanent haze in the sky. Needless to say this tends to damper allot of otherwise beautiful views of the town and the mountains. It is also noteworthy that it has not rained in over a month in Гоце Делчев and there has been no significant wind during that time. I'm not a weather man but that might also effect air quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home